https://kiltedowl.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default

Celtic Snack Review: Keogh's Truffle and Irish Butter Chips

Keogh’s makes chips (crisps) in a variety of flavors. I recently tried their Truffle and Irish Butter flavor. My specific bag of chips was made in a field called “The Ward” using the Kiebitz variety. According to the map on the bag, the field where my chips are from is in Cork, Ireland. It was cooked by Eriks on May 12, 2026.                 

I tried to scan the QR code to find out more about the chips and the people who made them. I do not know if it was a phone error or a QR code error, but I could not get the code to scan for me. I tried multiple times. I even tried a different QR code to see if it was a phone issue, but the other QR code scanned just fine.

The chips had a distinct smell when I opened the bag. It was not bad, but it was intense right off the bat. However, the smell is not a completely accurate depiction of the taste, but they are a bit similar.

This flavor is more of a savory chip flavor that had a bit of an aftertaste. If you love this flavor, this will be enjoyable. Those on the fence about whether or not they like it may not like the aftertaste as much. It was definitely not my favorite thing.

Overall, this flavor was decent, but not the best I have ever had from Keogh’s. It definitely would not be my first choice to get again. The one thing I do love about Keogh’s is that the chips are made by real people and you can see this on the bag.