https://kiltedowl.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default

Celtic Snack Review: Keogh's Sour Cream and Shamrock Chips (Crisps)

Keogh’s creates chips (crisps) in a variety of flavors, including sour cream and shamrock. The chips are gluten-free and MSG free. According to the bag, the chips were made with potatoes grown in a field called “Silverstream,” which is in County Dublin, and were made using the Lady Claire variety. The chips were cooked by someone named Eriks on April 23, 2026.

Like the Truffle and Irish butter chips, the QR code on the bag was not working on this bag. I would have loved to learn more about the making of the chips. I did try a different QR code, and it worked. It would be nice to have a website where consumers can type in a code to learn about their specific bag. This would be especially helpful for those who may not have a smartphone or know (or even trust) QR codes.

These chips taste very similar to sour cream and onion chips, but with a slight difference. They contain shamrock extract, which gives the chips a hint of sweetness where the onion would be a bit on the “sour” side. There was an excellent balance of salty and a hint of sweetness to make the taste come together.

I was particularly interested in the fact that they use shamrock extract. I have gotten these chips before, and I really enjoyed them, but I did not look at the ingredients. My brother saw that I got them and asked what shamrocks taste like. This conversation inspired me to actually look at the ingredients, and I saw the shamrock extract.

Overall, this chip flavor is similar to sour cream and onion chips but with an Irish twist. I enjoyed these more than the Truffle and Irish Butter variety. These were more salty, whereas the Truffle and Irish Butter chips were more on the savory side. I did prefer the Sour Cream and Shamrock flavor to the Truffle and Irish Butter. 

Related Articles:

-Celtic Snack Review: Keogh's Truffle and Irish Butter Chips: https://kiltedowl.blogspot.com/2026/08/celtic-snack-review-keoghs-truffle-irish-butter.html