https://kiltedowl.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default

Would You Rather: Live In Ireland Vs. Never Visit

(Question Source: "Would You Rather? St. Paddy's Edition: Irish Magic and Celtic Wonders!" by Jolly Press)
 

“Would you rather live in Ireland for two years or never visit?” is a question that is featured in the book, "Would You Rather? St. Paddy's Edition: Irish Magic and Celtic Wonders!" by Jolly Press. For me, this is an easy question.

As someone whose main trip that I am saving for is to go to Ireland, I would rather live there for two years than never visit at all. I feel like a trip that is only a week or two long would not be enough, so living there for two years would give me a great opportunity to not only see the more “touristy” spots, but it would let me connect with local spots and people on a deeper level than I would over a short trip.

Never being able to visit Ireland would really dampen my life. A huge goal of mine is to go to Ireland, and not being able to go would take away a huge focus of my life. For me, having this goal is a motivator to keep working hard, and not having it would take away a huge purpose from my life.

Since high school, getting dual citizenship with Ireland has been a goal of mine. I do not have all of the details about how taxes would work while having citizenship in two countries. Living in Ireland for a couple of years is a requirement for citizenship for those who do not have a pathway through their grandparents (my lineage is a few generations beyond the requirement, unfortunately).

I would love to know your thoughts if you have a different opinion, or a different mentality of the same opinion!

Related Articles: