I went on June 24, 2026, around lunchtime. This date was
during the World Cup, and I did not make a reservation. However, this was not a
problem as the pub was not busy at all when I went. I dined solo for this meal.
I had the shepherd’s pie, and it was the best shepherd’s pie
I have ever had from any Irish pub in Times Square. The mashed potatoes were
flavorful and tasted homemade. The beef was the perfect consistency and tasted
great. The ratio between beef, vegetables, and mashed potatoes is one that all
other chefs who make shepherd’s pie should aspire to.
I am not sure if there was another room for seating, but
where I sat, there were only barstools and tables with high-top chairs. As
someone who is short and had done a lot of walking before coming in for lunch,
it was difficult to climb into my seat. On first glance, this makes the pub not
as accessible for those in need of accessibility options.
There were a variety of sports on televisions throughout the
pub. As I was there during the World Cup, the game was on. It was also cool to
watch the Mets play while I was in New York, as I do not typically get to see
the Mets play on TV.
While the prices are a bit high, they are on par with the
quality of food, service, and ambience. The quality of the food is higher than that
of other Times Square pubs. My waitress was very sweet and friendly throughout
my time at the pub.
Overall, this is a great Irish pub in Times Square. It may
even be my favorite that I have been to so far. I want to go back and try out different
dishes as well, including the bangers and mashed. I highly recommend this
pub to anyone looking for an authentic Irish pub in Times Square.
