https://kiltedowl.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default

Pub Review: Connolly's Irish Pub and Restaurant

Connolly's Irish Pub and Restaurant
Connolly's Irish Pub and Restaurant

Connolly’s Irish Pub and Restaurant is located on West 45th Street in New York City, New York. The pub features a wide menu, featuring pub fare and traditional Irish dishes. It is a family-owned restaurant in Times Square.

The location of the pub is perfect for those going to see Broadway shows, Times Square, and other New York attractions. I went on June 23, 2026, since I was in the city for a concert, and the pub was right near my hotel.

The pub’s entrance is on the sidewalk level, which makes it accessible to all people. Some pubs have stairs on the outside, which can cause issues for those who forget they are there on the way out, or those who have accessibility needs.

While I was there, I did not use the bathroom, so I do not have comments on that. However, the hostess sat me right near the men’s bathroom. I was across the way from it, but could see men going in and out. I did not notice any smells, which leads me to think the restrooms are clean overall.

I had the shepherd’s pie for lunch. It was decent, but the mashed potatoes had very little taste. They tasted like they were instant mashed potatoes, which most times they use homemade ones. The beef of the shepherd’s pie was more  “pureed” than most shepherd’s pie beef is. The cost of the shepherd’s pie was higher than the quality.

My favorite part of the pub was that they were listening to an Irish radio station. The station played a variety of music, not traditional music, but it was cool to hear an Irish radio station to get a sense of what they are like in Ireland.

I went to the pub at lunchtime. I was worried that it would be busy due to the World Cup, but there were very few people in the pub. I did not make a reservation ahead of time. If you are worried about space, make a reservation. I dined solo, and I was able to get a table.

Overall, the atmosphere of the pub was classic. While I did not like the shepherd’s pie, I would be interested to go back and try other dishes. They have live music frequently, so it would be cool to go when there is live music. 

Related Articles: